Vitiligo / Leucoderma Surgery
Condition causing loss of skin pigment due to various causes egvitiligo , chemical leukoderma , traumatic , post burns
When to opt for surgery:
- •When the disease is stable meaning no new lesions or increase in size of existing lesions for a recommended period of time
- •Pre procedure
- •Normal blood investiga
- •Positive attitude / realistic expectation
Duration depends upon type of procedure, site and size of lesion.
Various types of procedures can be done based on the size, and site of the lesion.
- •Miniature punch grafting- done for hands and feet.
- •Suction blister grafting – lips and face small lesions.
- •Autologous non cultured melanocyte suspension- any site in body and extensive areas.
- •Autologous non cultured follicular cell suspension – any site in body and extensive areas.
- •Other procedures such as – Smash grafting, FUE, Excision and closure.
2nd day, 7th day, 15th days then weekly for phototherapy.
© 2017 All rights reserved. Developed by Mars Web