Thickening or overgrowth of the nail / Onychauxis.
Thickening and excessive curving of the nails /Onychogryphosis.
Onychauxis can occur due to various reasons such as:
- • Diabetic patients.
- • Any alteration to the nail root / bed / plate.
- • Age i.e poor circulation and metabolic change.
- • Impeded blood flow in the hands and feet.
- • Psoriasis.
- • Trauma - Tight footwear.
- • Bacterial / Fungal infections.
Depending on history and investigations
- • Blood test.
- • Pull test.
- • Scalp biopsy.
- • Trimming the nails.
- • Recognizing the accurate cause behind the condition, like Diabetes and Psoriasis, overseeing or curing the issue can achieve a change in the nails.
- • In the event that the ailment is found to influence toenails as a consequence of wearing tight shoes, it is important to change footwear.
- • Weakened blood course in appendages could be enhanced by standard activity. Daily workouts can make heart pump more blood into all the locales of the body and realize a change in blood dissemination.
- • Avulsion of the nail plate with surgical destruction of the matrix with phenol, if the blood supply is good.
© 2017 All rights reserved. Developed by Mars Web